The Story Of Tom Brady: I Read Ahead And He Wins Another Title

The story of Tom Brady is a looooooong one. And it isn't over. It's an amazing story, and it's not one dimensional. There are many, many triumphs. Nine conference championships. 581 touchdowns passes. Five Super Bowl wins, and now a 10th Super Bowl appearance at Raymond James Stadium in Tampa Bay, the first time in NFL history a home team has hosted the Super Bowl. There's also a scandal involving air being let out of footballs. There's nearly an entire season lost to injury. There are three Super Bowl losses, including one to the NY Giants that ended an otherwise perfect season in 2007-2008. 

The next chapter has a bunch of scary new characters. Travis Kelsey. Tyreek Hill. Patrick Mahomes. Also Andy Reid wearing a Covid-19 shield that fogs over repeatedly while he orchestrates a lethal offense. No matter, these villains only serve to further the plot. 

I read ahead and this chapter is a great one. Brady and the Bucs will win at home and take down the defending champs. I don't want to hear your cold, hard facts. I know the Chiefs have the #1 passing offensive in the NFL. I know Travis Kelsey is the fastest tight end in the world. I know Tyreek Hill cannot be tackled. I know that Patrick Mahomes can hit a Coke can with a football from 100 yards away while blindfolded and standing upside down. I've seen the tape. But I've also read the story. 

Oh did I mention it will be a close game? No blowout or punt-field goal-punt affair. This one will come down to the wire. It will be a classic shootout between the quarterback of the future and the GOAT. Down 35-29 with just over two minutes left in the game, Brady will lead the Bucs on an 80 yard drive and hit Rob Gronkowski for the game winning touchdown with only seconds remaining. The 22,000 Floridians in attendance (amazingly all of them rooting for the Bucs) will go wild and children all over the world will attend virtual school the next day wearing Kangol hats as a tribute to Bruce Arians. 

You should know that I kept reading after the Super Bowl LIV chapter. I had to, I was having too much fun. So you know that this isn't a fairy tale, I'll tell you that eventually Brady retires. He does not continue to play indefinitely. He does not win every Super Bowl though 2081. There will be some losing seasons, there will be injuries, and eventually his playing career will end. Also Rob Gornkowski will star in a movie called Gronky Tonk about an NFL tight end who becomes a country music star once his playing days are over, and it will be the #1 movie of 2025. 

You don't have to read ahead like me. In fact there's a part of me that regrets that I did. It's such a great story, the Tom Brady story. You can read it yourself in real time on 2/7. You might not read another one like it for a long, long time.  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NFL Game Of The Week: Cincinnati Bengals Vs. Los Angeles Rams Super Bowl LVI

Help, I Might Be Rooting For The Washington Football Team

The Wonder Of NFL Films - Just What You Need When Your Team Is Having A Tough Year